- June 2015
- February 2015
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- July 2012
Category Archives: base10
This is my favourite dictionary. (Click Here)
It helps you to learn about
1. useful maths words
2. polygons and tessellation
3. revision topics for exams
Add comments about what you have learnt
Good luck, Mr Smith
This week’s challenge should be about 100 words long and must include the words
A Letter in a Bottle
Why not send some encouragement and hope to children in the Philippines so that they have the strength and courage to carry one.
The link will close on Saturday 23rd November
You can read more about this special challenge here
It has been an incredibly snowy time in Telford.
Here are some Maths puzzles based on the snow.
1. If 5mm of snow falls per hour and it snows continuously for 5 hours. How deep is the snow in cms.
2. If 4 inches of snow fall during the night ROUGHLY how many centimetres is this.
3. It normally takes Mr Jones 30 minutes to get out of his house, in to his car and to school. Due to the snow it takes 50% longer. How much extra time does this add to his journey time for a whole school week (IF it snows every day during this school week)
Design your own snow based question to add to the COMMENTS section of the blog.
here is a website with some Christmas maths problems on
Good luck with them
Miss Harris is very excited because she has received 16 Christmas presents.
She also has 25 decorations on her tree.
She is amazed because when she eats her Christmas lunch she has 49 sprouts on her plate and 9 carrots.
Why is Miss Harris amazed by all these numbers?
Here are 2 word problems for you to try.
Mr Jones needs to decorate a Christmas tree in the school hall. He asks four teachers to go to four shops each. He asks them to buy four attractive decorations in each shop. How many decorations does Mr Jones have for the tree?
Miss Bugler is very excited because it is Christmas soon. She has 24 presents to give out to people. A quarter of them are for her family, 1/6 are for her neighbours and the rest are for her friends. How many presents has she bought for her friends?
We would like you to be creative and design your own word problem to add to the blog.
Happy Christmas to all our Blog readers.
Calculate the volume of these 3 cuboids
1. Length 4cm, Widths 3cm and height 2cm
2. Length 5cm, Width 4cm and Height 5cm
3. Length 10cm, Width 10cm and Height 5cm
If a juice box has a volume of 1000cm cubed it means it holds 1000ml or 1 litre
Copy and paste this link and find out about volume in the dictionary